The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for managing all electrical operations for construction sites and lead all electrical engineering design activities for Fortune 500 clients on the west coast. This person will be managing all electrical projects for the west coast including fuel cells, retail and commercial facilities.
Minimum 10 years of electrical engineering experience, preferably within a consulting engineering environment.
Must have thorough knowledge of current NEC regulations.
Must have experience with various state and local codes as well as with various state specific Energy Codes. The ideal candidate will also have experience in coordinating design issues with Architects, Mechanical, Plumbing, Civil, Structural consultants, and have been responsible for code responses from governing localities.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
P.E. required; LEED accreditation is a plus.
All candidates should be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit.
Qualified candidates will have experience with:
o Low and medium voltage experience (120-480V and 12KV and up)
o On-site renewable energy experience (solar, wind, fuel cell)
o Interconnection of energy source with utility or building electrical distribution system
o Critical load / emergency back-up / UPS
o Design grounding systems
- Responsible for providing electrical design deliverables for the project from concept, detailed design, and construction phases.
- Leads a team of electrical engineers in the execution of design and interfaces with a multi-discipline project team consisting of project manager, controls, estimating, and multiple engineering disciplines.
- Interfaces directly with construction personnel in development of contracts and execution of work.
- Tracks electrical design efforts against budgets and expected progress. Supports estimating at each project phase through various means including equipment specification and bid processes and material take-off’s.
- Works with clients and vendors directly in developing the design, and builds lasting business relationships.
- Will be responsible for providing lighting and power design for commercial, fuel cell and retail projects.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Conducts site visits to identify potential point of interconnect.
- Identifies and coordinates critical loads.
- Performs voltage drop, fault current, coordination and arc flash studies.
- Develops electrical one-line’s showing existing conditions and interconnection point.