Summary of Position:
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing architectural projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: field observation, building materials, specifications, construction techniques with building codes, and zoning. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible communication and coordination with assigned clients.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for clients.
- Conduct initial project investigation.
- Prepare and negotiate proposals and contracts with clients and sub-consultants.
- Plan staffing and establish budget hours within project parameters for all assigned staff.
- Manage staff and staffing schedules during the production process.
- Oversee project scheduling for all project related activities for all parties involved.
- Coordinate permitting approval process.
- Collect A/R’s, efficiency evaluations, profit evaluations and manage the financial aspect for all projects.
- Manage multiple projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Develop and mentor staff.
- Participate in business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners/events, and cross marketing with other offices.
- Experience: 10+ years of architecture production/management, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants; experience managing a staff
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; Master’s degree a plus
- Licenses: Architectural Registration required; LEED a plus
- Travel: 25%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe