Summary of Position:
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting electrical engineering projects under the guidance of Electrical Engineers/Project Managers. This includes: power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Site/Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of electrical engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Assist in maintaining task budgets.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project approval process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Experience: 1-6 years of experience with electrical design for buildings, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred, P.E. a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Revit a plus