Summary of Position:
The Project Designer will assist in the design of land development projects including site planning, grading, stormwater management, utility systems and public infrastructure improvements within an assigned project/program team.
- Assist with planning and design tasks as well as reports under the direction of senior staff
- Assist in conduct site feasibility research, site visit investigations, and generate reports and recommendations based on findings
- Review existing documents, such as land survey plats, topographic/locative surveys, improvement plans in support of the design of streets, grading, water, sewer and storm drains.
- Prepare and design of engineering plans and documents
- Prepare cost and quantity estimates
- Assist in QA/QC
- Assist with responses to construction RFI’s and submittals
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files
- Maintain timesheets daily
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of design
- Demonstrate an understanding of agency codes, guidelines and standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience: 0-3 years of site/civil production, preferably with land development commercial/retail projects
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Physical: Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Software: proficient knowledge in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MS Office required; and other design software a plus