Summary of Position:
The Project Engineer is responsible for designing and managing mechanical engineering projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: HVAC, plumbing/piping and fire protection systems. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Site/Civil Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of mechanical engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Produce design plans, calculations and reports with limited direction.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Provide client interaction support.
- Establish and maintain phase and task level budgets.
- Schedule project phases and tasks.
- Schedule production staff and lead them through tasks.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with general building mechanical production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Licenses: P.E. preferred
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Revit a plus