Summary of Position:
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting site/civil projects under the guidance of Civil Engineers/Project Managers. This includes: site layout, utility layout, and stormwater management. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of civil engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Assist in maintaining task budgets.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project approval process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 0-5 years of site/civil production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail and/or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; WaterCAD ICPR and other design software a plus