Summary of Position:
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting architectural projects under the guidance of Project Architects/Project Managers. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil, and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Assist in maintaining task budgets.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project approval process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Experience: 1-6 years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus