Summary of Position:
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting structural engineering projects under the guidance of Structural Engineers/Project Managers. Projects will be located throughout the U.S. and will include: steel, concrete, pre-stressed concrete, timber and masonry. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Site/Civil Engineers, MEP Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of structural engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Design full site plans and resolve complex design issues with limited direction.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Assist in maintaining task budgets.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist managers with the project approval process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Experience: 2-6 years of experience with general building structural production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred, P.E. a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Revit, MathCAD, Enercalc & Risa 3D a plus.