Summary of Position:
The Sr. Project Architect will supervise a design team and manage architectural projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: field observation, building materials, specifications, construction techniques with building codes, and zoning. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Manage a team of Project Designers.
- Support client interaction.
- Coordinate with sub consultants.
- Design full site plans autonomously or with little direction.
- Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Prepare design calculations and reports.
- Maintain phase and task level budgets.
- Schedule project phases and tasks.
- Create production schedules.
- Prepare project plans.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Experience: 10+ years of architecture design, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; Master’s degree a plus
- Licenses: Architectural Registration required; LEED a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus