Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects from conception to completion. He/she will be leading a team of Project Designers. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Site/Civil Engineers, MEP Engineers, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for fully planning, executing and finalizing projects according to project parameters for deliverables, schedules and budgets for assigned clients.
- Serve as the point of contact for clients.
- Conduct initial project investigation.
- Prepare and negotiate proposals and contracts with clients and sub-consultants.
- Plan staffing and establish budget hours within project parameters for all assigned staff.
- Manage staff and staffing schedules during the production process.
- Oversee project scheduling for all project related activities for all parties involved.
- Review staff designs for QA/QC.
- Coordinate permitting approval process.
- Collect A/R’s, efficiency evaluations, profit evaluations and manage the financial aspect for all projects.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Develop and mentor staff.
- Participate in business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners/events, and cross marketing with other offices.
- Experience: 7+ years of combined production and management experience with commercial projects such as retail and restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Licenses: P.E. or AIA registration a plus
- Travel: up to 35%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office