Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for the profitable execution of the projects under his/her management including safe, on-time, on budget completion, adherence to corporate and contract compliance, quality control and customer satisfaction. He/she will be managing projects including, but not limited to: retail, restaurants and alternative energy. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Structural Engineers, Site/Civil Engineers and Architects
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to monitor project management compliance with reporting related to corporate policy and the contract documents.
- Accept projects from the estimating department at budget transfer. Manage the buyout process in a cost-effective and timely manner, while meeting minority participation and company requirements. Review all construction contracts. Oversee the contract change process.
- Take responsibility for assignment of project teams to projects, matching their skill and experience levels, to insure profitable performance consistent with company objectives and policies.
- Ensure the margin analyses are accurate and timely. Dig deep to mitigate potential losses and to enhance profitability.
- Review the schedule and weekly narrative to ensure the project is tracking for on time completion and that the documentation is in accordance with S&P Policy.
- Visit each project site on a scheduled and regular basis to remain updated on construction activities. Maintain periodic contact with the “Principle in Charge” for the architect, program manager and the owner.
- Review the safety training program and the safety procedures for the projects under his/her management on a regular basis to ensure that an effective program is being conducted. Review and mitigate safety trends. Conduct thorough “root cause” investigations on any accidents.
- Elevate and coordinate all legal matters involving construction to the Director of Construction.
- Responsible successful delivery of the projects under his/her control, the development of his/her personnel, safety, and quality.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. This will be reviewed based on repeat business and client references.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform related work, as apparent or assigned.
- Manage adherence to the corporate policies, project reporting requirements and the contract documents.
- Train and develop employees.
- Experience: 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager; experience with short-term projects ($1.5 million and smaller) preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in construction related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Travel: up to 25%
- Software: MS Office, MS Project preferred