Summary of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing Civil Engineering projects from conception to completion. He/she will be leading a team of Project Engineers and Project Designers. He/she will apply his/her experience in: site layout, grading, utility layout, and stormwater management. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for fully planning, executing and finalizing projects according to project parameters for deliverables, schedules and budgets for assigned clients.
- Manage multiple projects with one or more clients simultaneously.
- Serve as the point of contact for clients.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with clients and sub-consultants.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations.
- Plan staffing and establish budget hours within project parameters for all assigned staff.
- Manage staff and staffing schedules during the production process.
- Oversee project scheduling for all project related activities for all parties involved.
- Perform QA/QC.
- Establish procedures for improved quality and efficiency.
- Coordinate permitting approval process.
- Manage the financial aspect for all projects including collecting A/R’s, efficiency evaluations, and profit evaluations.
- Coordination and meetings with authorities having jurisdiction through all phases of projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain timesheets daily.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design and construction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Develop and mentor staff.
- Participate in business development which involves attendance at marketing functions and events with other disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience: 5+ years of combined civil engineering production and management experience, preferably with commercial projects such as retail, hospitality, and/or fueling; 5+ years of experience managing a staff ; contract preparation experience; A/R experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: P.E. in Civil Engineering required
- Travel: 25-50%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office