Summary of Position:
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting Civil Engineering projects under the guidance of Project Engineers and Project Managers. This includes: site layout, utility design and profiles, erosion and sediment control, SWPPP preparation and stormwater management. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Architects, MEP Engineers, Structural Engineers, and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of civil engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements, and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct site feasibility research, site visit investigations, and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Assist with responses to construction RFI’s and submittals.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project design and approval process.
- Maintain task budgets and schedule.
- Coordinate with authorities having jurisdiction through all phases of the project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain timesheets daily.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 2-6 years of site/civil production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail, hospitality, and/or fueling
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred, P.E. in Civil Engineering a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Civil3D, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-1, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, and other design software a plus