Summary of Position:
The Project Architect is responsible for designing and managing architectural projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: field observation, building materials, specifications, construction techniques with building codes, and zoning. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Produce design plans, calculations and reports with limited direction.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Provide client interaction support.
- Establish and maintain phase and task level budgets.
- Schedule project phases and tasks.
- Schedule production staff and lead them through tasks.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Experience: 4+ years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; Master’s degree a plus
- Licenses: Architectural Registration required; LEED a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus