Summary of Position:
The Project Architect is responsible for designing and managing architectural projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: field observation, building materials, specifications, construction techniques with building codes, and zoning. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
• Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
• Produce design plans, calculations and reports with limited direction.
• Coordinate with sub-consultants.
• Provide client interaction support.
• Establish and maintain phase and task level budgets.
• Schedule project phases and tasks.
• Schedule production staff and lead them through tasks.
• Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
• Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Maintain documentation for billable hours.
• Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
• Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
• Experience: 6+ years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; Master’s degree a plus
• Licenses: Architectural Registration required; LEED a plus
• Travel: Up to 20%
• Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus