Summary of Position:
The Superintendent will be responsible for project oversight of ground up and retrofit projects. These projects will primarily consist of retail and restaurant projects, but can also include residential, alternative energy, and a variety of other ventures. The Superintendent will spend most of his/her time on construction sites, but might also be occasionally required to work in a Core States office.
- Review project documents and verify their accuracy.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Coordinate subcontractors work schedules and overall project plans.
- Provide technical direction and manage productivity.
- Manage quality and construction costs for multiple projects.
- Make key decisions associated with scheduling, safety and budgets.
- Maintain all on-site documentation including contract documents and daily logs.
- Represent Core States Group to all related parties including: Architects, Engineers, Owners, Vendors, and municipal agencies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures and company policies.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Experience: 7+ years of superintendent experience, preferably with ground up and retrofit commercial projects such as retail or hospitality
- Education: High school diploma preferred
- Travel: Extensive national travel up to 100%
- Physical: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; frequent standing