Summary of Position:
The Estimator is responsible for projecting and controlling construction costs by collecting and studying industry information. He/she will be estimating primarily for commercial projects including, but not limited to: retail, restaurants and alternative energy. He/she will work in conjunction with construction Project Managers.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepare construction budget by studying plans; specifications and responsibility matrixes.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identify qualified subcontractors; negotiate price.
- Maintain cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Experience: 5+ years in construction estimating for commercial projects nationwide
- Education: Degree in a construction related field is a plus
- Licenses: None
- Travel: Up to 25%
- Software: MS Office, MS Project a plus
- Other: Skilled at analyzing information, developing budgets, vendor relationships, reporting skills, estimating, decision making, teamwork, documentation skills, quality focus.