Summary of Position:
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing, designing, and drafting civil engineering projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: site layout, grading, utility design and profiles, erosion and sediment control, SWPPP preparation, and stormwater management. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Architects, MEP Engineers, Structural Engineers, and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of civil engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements, and site adjustments.
- Assist in preparing contracts and change orders with clients and sub-contractors.
- Conduct site visits and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Produce full site plans, calculations, and reports and resolve complex design challenges with limited direction.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Provide client interaction support.
- Establish and maintain project, phase, and task level budgets and schedules.
- Schedule production staff and lead tasks.
- Prepare responses to construction RFI’s and submittals.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Demonstrate a practical and functional knowledge of municipal codes.
- Coordinate and meet with authorities having jurisdiction through all phases of the project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain timesheets daily.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 5-10 years of site/civil production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail, hospitality, and/or fueling
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licenses: P.E. in Civil Engineering required
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Civil3D, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-1, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, and other design software a plus